View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Horse updates Pls - any bubs yet? 
Forum Moderator

Post Horse updates Pls - any bubs yet?
Just wondering how everyones horses are going?

Shires? Pregnant mares? Rescue ponies?

Down my way, I'm letting my big fella Radar take some time off with his EPSM issues. I just want to get through spring without the complications of trying to ride him and getting him ready to compete at low level eventing.

I've started off his younger brother (Tully) who is now called T.J. as my main riding/competing horse (we have a basic dressage comp coming up in Nov). He is proving to be everything I had hoped Radar would be. A very quick learner like Ray, but much more responsive because he doesn't have the miscommunication going on between his muscles and his brain. It's actually nice to be riding a 'normal' horse again. Of course Ray still gets heaps of love, treats, special diet and attention.

My daughter is riding her pony (Gossi) (or the 'munchkin' as I call him) out with us on adventures once every couple of weeks and he is proving to be worth his weight in gold. I never imagined the bargain I got when I bought him as a half neglected half rescue case. He ponies along on the lead off my horse and looks after her so well. Today he didn't bat an eyelid at a bulldozer, a ditch or a hose squirting water into a drain. Considering he's only been ridden less than 20 times for a young Australian riding pony x Arabian riding pony he has a temperment second to none. We are certainly all enjoying our rides out together.
I'll add a mother/daughter photo when I can get someone to take one for me :D .

Add your updates pls.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 pm
Site Administrator

Post Re: Horse updates Pls
So glad to hear that Tully is giving you lots of riding joy! Not doubt Radar will come back from his spell better than ever :)
Gossi is very cute! Glad he is turning out to be a bomb proof kids pony they are worth their weight in gold!
Em & I have been riding most weeks on a couple of our shire mares with Em riding Emily & me riding Kylie which is great fun.
We also have 3 mares due with the first being due tonight, she is a very pregnant lady below is a picture of Jessie in the foaling yard...

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Oh how exciting - baby photo's very soon. :clap

It's great to hear that you and Em are getting some time out to go for a ride. What and where do you go when you ride, around your property or out?

Other than riding out with Codi, I have a great friend I go out riding & have my lessons with. I've known him for years and we have a very compatible love for our horses and what we want to do and achieve. It's nice to have someone to share the experience.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm
Site Administrator

Yes fingers crossed for a foal soon to end the restless nights!
We have just been riding around the property at the moment...working up to riding out on the road!

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Any news yet Cai?

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 pm
Site Administrator

Post Re: Horse updates Pls - any bubs yet?
Other than being very very tired no news yet, she has been getting us up between 4 & 5 times a night...mostly around 2-5pm when your in that nice deep sleep!!
Fingers crossed tonight or tomorrow.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

This sounds like more stress than expecting a humanoid baby ;)

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:41 pm
Site Administrator

Well I don't have any experience in the human baby front but it certainly makes for a lack of sleep, still no bub & 4 false alarms last night.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Still no foal - we're both pretty tired. We have been taking it in turns getting up when she sets the alarm off. I am praying she foals before Thursday because Cai is away for the weekend and he really wants to be here for it. I also don't want to have to get up every time she sets it off!!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]