View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Strange pet/animal behaviour 
Site Administrator

Post Re: Strange pet/animal behaviour
To put it mildly your Ex sounds like a bit of a douche, i'm sure your glad he's your EX!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I was going to say the same...but I didn't want to be rude. Honestly - hurting a horse?! Not the go. Good on you for seeing it and doing something about it.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:32 am
Enthusiastic Gardner

Many years ago we use to have a Rotty x and she was the most wonderful dog. When I was at home she would hardly ever bark, but when I worked night shift she used to stick to Mrs CH2 like glue and never leave her side. One day I had to go out and the inlaws were coming up for lunch as they had done many many times before. Linda ( the Rotty x ) used to sit next to my mother inlaw whilst she helped peel the veg for lunch and would sit next to the father inlaw looking for scraps from the table. But when they arrived and they tried to come through the front door Linda just wouldnt let them in, teeth bared hackles raised she would not let any one past that door. Mrs CH2 had to explain to them it was because I wasnt at home and there was no way they would get in till I came home :oops: When I came home she let them in the door and was all over them just as if nothing had ever happened.

Breeders of Large Malay, Indian Game Dark and Blue Bantams, Light Sussex Bantams, Rosecomb Bantams, Ginger Red Old English Game Large, Modern Game Black/Red and Pile Bantams and Transylvanian Naked Necks.......

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 pm
Forum Moderator

That is one awesome guard dog .....and one way to get out of seeing the inlaws :lol:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:19 pm
Regular Gardner

My dog does the same thing, (that over protective thing), except only in my car. He refuses to allow anybody including my husband to come near the car if I'm in it with him. My hubby has to hop in the car before Champs gets in, or else Champs goes nuts. My hubby doesn't mind, and thinks its okay for him to act like this, but it frightens me... What if I am in a car accident, or get pulled over by the police? Things came to a head one day, and I have NEVER allowed him in my car again...after liver for dinner....
I fed him liver the night before, and we had to be at my parents place early the next day. Unfortunately, for me, we live not far from a raceway, and the road was crowded and packed with people. Anyway, when Champs barks and gets over excited he farts... Liver farts... :puker
I don't know what looked worse, my dog running around in cricles in the back seat of my car, looking like he was going to eat the people, or me with my head out the window gulping fresh air screaming "HEEL!"
You see, I couldn't wind down the windows, or he would have jumped for sure, and usually the "heel" command works to calm him. No such luck, needless to say, I still can't eat liver pate!

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:26 am
Forum Moderator

I think Ive mentiooned my goldfish with the swim bladder problem before but it has taken on some more bizzare antics in over the last few days.

I came home the other day to find it at the bottom of the tank like this

It wasnt moving and I thought well its about time it died no problems Ill just get rid of the body clean the tank and all is well. When I got to the tank I bumped it and as I did Over he flipped and of he swam :scratch

It will often "sit" like that for a number of minutes totaly motionless then off it will go again.

I thunk its days are comming to an end !

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:27 pm
Regular Gardner

We have two indoor cats, but in the afternoon they love to have a supervised walk with us.

Velcro who is 16 does not like the wild ducks in the little orchard and actually herds them like a sheep dog back down to the dam. He has no interest in catching them, he just walks them down to the dam and them comes back to me.

Our little kitten Vela chases the Kangaroos who are completely bluffed by her and hop away rather quickly. We are trying to get her out of that habit though as it is a bit worrying.

Cheers

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 am
Enthusiastic Gardner

I have a 6yo Beagle (ex breeder) that I've had for about 3 years. First sign of an aerosol fly spray and she's off to hide in the heavily vegetated back corner of the yard.

Once she hears the "ssssshhhhh" sound she hides for hours, often to the extent that she'll stay out in the rain unless we spend ages trying to coax her out with a procession of doggy treats!

Go figure!

[color=#0000FF]Dexter & Jersey Cattle;Pigs; Merino Sheep; Plymouth Rock, Light, Buff & Speckled Sussex, Marans, Faverolles, Orpington and Australorp Chickens; Pekin, Aylesbury & Indian Runner Ducks; Pilgrim Geese; Bourbon Red & Royal Palm Turkeys.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Regular Gardner

We had a chicken who crowed like a rooster. Embarrassing trying to explain to the neighbours when we live in a suburb that does not allow roosters. :oops:
We also had a dog when I was young that would only allow people into the yard that had been 'introduced' to him and said "Hello Fang" before coming in the gate. He was a bit deceptive to those who didn't know him as he wouldn't even acknowledge you IF you said hello. If you didn't tho' your only hope was get out quick or hope that he was tied up! Nearly everyone in the mid/west Kimberley region (where we lived) either knew or knew of him.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:26 pm
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I have a 6yo Beagle (ex breeder) that I've had for about 3 years. First sign of an aerosol fly spray and she's off to hide in the heavily vegetated back corner of the yard.

Once she hears the "ssssshhhhh" sound she hides for hours, often to the extent that she'll stay out in the rain unless we spend ages trying to coax her out with a procession of doggy treats!

I'd have a fair guess at saying the poor love was disiplined at some stage in her past by being sprayed in the face with an aerosol can. :shaking
or possibly she was a barker and they used a citronella coller to curb her behaviour either would trigger off that behaviour in some dogs.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4