View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
can a rooster go mad if he doesn't have a hen 
Enthusiastic Gardner

Post can a rooster go mad if he doesn't have a hen
I was on another chicken chat and this lady has a rooster a fox got 3 of his girls and she wondered if he would stay sane I told her of Sam my rooster and he did ok, but can a rooster loose his mind if he doesn't have a girlfriend?

You know the fighting cocks, I have often thought of their life yes it is awful but you think they are so mean because they don't have a female to be with?

Just thinking

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 am
Enthusiastic Gardner

Post Re: can a rooster go mad if he doesn't have a hen
dunno bout roosters but i dont have a sheila and im not mad......in fact my last sheila used to drive me mad..........

"sideways may not be the quickest way around a corner........but it is sure as hell the most fun"

http://www.actspeedway.com.au/

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:28 pm
Forum Moderator

I dont know shane...

Im on my own these days and im sure Im going mad :lol:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:12 pm
Enthusiastic Gardner

I am sorry you shiela drove you mad but are you sure she wasn't mad to begin with :hmm

I told this one person about my rooster Sam and he did well and has a girlfriend now so I think a rooster can be by himself. Anyone know about the fighting cocks don't they live a lone and have no female unless they are to breed, I hate to be the female a... I breed bunnies and my male gets a shag maybe 6 times a year depending on how the weather goes but I think I wouldn't want to be the female because all winter he has not had anything I would think this is with a rooster to a.. the ones that fight. any one ever have a rooster that just would not leave the girls alone.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:00 pm
Green Thumb

No Rhayden, a rooster does not turn feral or mad without female company, he just needs food and warmth like all critters. And when/if you do introduce some more pullets , just ensure they are physically mature and match him in size when they first go in, for thier welfare.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

willo wrote:
dunno bout roosters but i dont have a sheila and im not mad......in fact my last sheila used to drive me mad..........

hahaha ... good one!! :clap

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:03 pm
Forum Moderator

No I don't think so - often I have spare roosters that live alone until needed- but it would be nice for him to have at least one hen as company......

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 pm
Enthusiastic Gardner

thanks I will tel the personon the other message board no he is ok but it is nice to have someone else to look at. When Sam lost his girlfriend I thought they wuls be like peas and carrots but this was not it. It took time I have told the person of Sam my rooster so if she has the same problem it will work out. They said on the other board sometimes chicken JUST DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER have you ever saww this any one? I thought in time they would like each other since theu are a flocking (I don't mean any bad work here just in case) animal a hearding it don't sound right since they are a flock of what ever you have of birds am I making sense here? OY VEY

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]