View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Bunya Pine Nuts 
Green Thumb

Post Bunya Pine Nuts
the local bunya nuts are dropping again. last year I collected some, went through the extensive process of peeling the fleshy part off the shell, boiling them up and then removing the woody shell, only to find they were hollow! No kernels! I have picked up one so far this year and the first thing I did was make sure there are kernels and there are, so now I can find out if they are worth all the trouble. I was out watering this morning and a car stopped and they picked up another two cones. Damn! Missed out on those ones!

Has anyone here tried them? What did you think of them and how did you use them?

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Enthusiastic Gardner

Post Re: Bunya Pine Nuts
Funny. I was only talking to someone yesterday who said that he used Bunya nuts in a pesto. Said he only needed about 3 or so.

Currently in possession of 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 cats, lost track of the chickens, now there's just alot .

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]