View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Mouse Plague 
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Mouse Plague
saabman wrote:
And Ive had the hide to complain about the couple Ive been hearing in the roof of a night.

Standard Rat Sak is a waste of time go the super strength stuff :D

And people keep these rotten creatures as pets...... icky

I've got a pet one ! Pet ones are quite cute.. My daughters have had 3 over the years , one used to lay on his back and get a tummy rub and go to sleep and the other one was actually toilet trained had its own "toilet" in the corner in a old plastic container ( like a cat with kitty litter) :shock:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:28 pm
Forum Moderator

My daughter has had a couple - but at her mothers place!

She has tried to comvince me that they are cute etc. As soon as I see them all my senses are just knocked out by the slightest wiff of their smell.

When I was in high schol there was a bit of a mouse plauge and you would go out at lunch time to find mice had been through your school bag. Nibbled your lunch and poohed all through your bag... My stomach is turning at the thought of it again..

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:20 am
Site Administrator

Gross - my stomach would turn too if that happened in my bag. I agree with Slim - more big tubs of water - hopefully they will all drown.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 am
Enthusiastic Gardner

Em wrote:
Gross - my stomach would turn too if that happened in my bag. I agree with Slim - more big tubs of water - hopefully they will all drown.

Em you can give me a hand next time, the water had turned black and poisionous and the smell oh the smell

Breeders of Large Malay, Indian Game Dark and Blue Bantams, Light Sussex Bantams, Rosecomb Bantams, Ginger Red Old English Game Large, Modern Game Black/Red and Pile Bantams and Transylvanian Naked Necks.......

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am
Site Administrator

YUCK! All part of farm life though...

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 am
Enthusiastic Gardner

Em wrote:
YUCK! All part of farm life though...

Em sorry but have to shatter the illusion we dont live on a farm, we have a 1/4 acre block in a very tiny country town in the middle of no where. We just manage to fit a hell of a lot in.

Breeders of Large Malay, Indian Game Dark and Blue Bantams, Light Sussex Bantams, Rosecomb Bantams, Ginger Red Old English Game Large, Modern Game Black/Red and Pile Bantams and Transylvanian Naked Necks.......

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:36 pm
Site Administrator

You sure do fit a lot in!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Enthusiastic Gardner

Well Cai I think the count at the moment is some 50 odd chickens, about 42 ducks of various breeds, four goats, two turkeys, but that will increase to four next week, 10 geese, 1 pig, 8 large cages of assorted breeds of parrots, four dogs, 8 cats, three ferrets and probably something that I have forgot, and we still manage to have a productive vegie garden, and quiet a few fruit trees.

Mind you some of the locals think we're a little mad.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Site Administrator

Wow imagine how much you would have if you had 250 acres :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Enthusiastic Gardner

with 250 acres we would probably have up to a dozen free range pigs, a couple or three black angus beef cattle, and the list goes on, Mrs CH2would have me working from dawn till dusk 8 days a week :lol:

But with the amount of land that you are lucky enough to have we would be just about self sufficent in nearly every thing.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next