View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Mouse Plague 
Site Administrator

Post Re: Mouse Plague
Wow - you really do fit a lot in. That's incredible.

We are lucky to have plenty of space, but limited by the owners of the land (my folks) not liking a lot of animals!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 am
Enthusiastic Gardner

We also have a pair of Royal Palm Turkeys arriving next week, plus for the spring we have egg orders in for Large Indians, Naked Neck's and Aseels, so our flock keeps expanding. The time will come when we have to sell up or buy the land next door if they are willing to sell to accomodate our every growing flock. Your lucky to have so much land, maybe your folks might let you increase the amount of animals if they can see the benefit that they bring, and being their daughter they just cant say no for ever can they :lol:

Breeders of Large Malay, Indian Game Dark and Blue Bantams, Light Sussex Bantams, Rosecomb Bantams, Ginger Red Old English Game Large, Modern Game Black/Red and Pile Bantams and Transylvanian Naked Necks.......

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:41 am
Site Administrator

Sounds like you might need to make an investment in bigger and better things for your gourmet backyard future!!

We are struggling with the same thing at the moment - getting any livestock requires fixing/building fences and sheds, which costs a fair bit. The big chook run cost us $800 for all the wire and star pickets - Cai even saved us some money by using bush logs as corner posts and to make the gate. Animals, gorgeous, tasty and useful as they are, can be very expensive!!

Ha - I wish. They seem to be impervious to my daughterly charms... :hmm

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:06 pm
Enthusiastic Gardner

There are plenty of plans but unfortunately as we all know they all do take money, but I still have a little spare ground so I will have make use of what I have. Timber is not really the best for building anything here as the termites find their way from the scrub and are always looking for a free feed.

Breeders of Large Malay, Indian Game Dark and Blue Bantams, Light Sussex Bantams, Rosecomb Bantams, Ginger Red Old English Game Large, Modern Game Black/Red and Pile Bantams and Transylvanian Naked Necks.......

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:52 pm
Site Administrator

Well we can identify with that!! Except the space part, although we are restricted in another way, so I guess it ends up being much the same!

We don't have a lot of problems with termites here - you find the odd hill/nest thing, but we have so many trees that they really can't keep up, so it hasn't become a problem for us, even though we live in a wooden house!! (see pics in general discussion).

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4