View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Favorite Wine? 
Sprout

Post Re: Favorite Wine?
Cai, have you checked out the wineries around Gundaroo/MUrrumbateman? I picked up quite a few bottles when I was out there recently.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 am
Site Administrator

I have been to a couple of them, Lerida is a favorite as is Helm & Tallagandra. What ones did you enjoy?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Sprout

Quite enjoyed Shaw and Dionysus. Don't think we went to Lerida, will have to keep an eye out next time!

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:19 am
Forum Moderator

I used to work at Pialligo Estate winery here in Canberra. Can't say they were great wines, but they were drinkable. Our whites were made by the bloke who does Mt. Majura's wines, but theirs are always better because the grapes are of better quality...

My tastes: ballsy reds- Shiraz, Sangiovese, Cabernets and CabSavs. Can't say I'm a huge fan of Merlots- I've had a few too many bad ones. Just seems to be a variety that doesn't agree with my pallet.

I love Marlborough Sav Blancs, and I can't pass up a decent cool-climate riesling. Chardonnay is another hate of mine!

And stickys/fortifieds, basically any Rutherglen Muscat or Muscadelle/Tokay or Port- Chambers, Morris, Campbells, All Saints etc. And I can't go past Brown Brother's cellar door only release late harvest botrytis riesling.

At the moment I'm cellaring an '09 Clonakilla Shiraz Viognier my brother got me as a 23rd birthday gift, and I've got a Brown's '02 Patricia Shiraz that is just coming into drinking age.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2